Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yes, we know!

I had the best birtday/-week. The first one as a wife. The first one while being pregnant. It's so special to be finally married to the man I have always wanted and waited for. And it was so worth it to wait for Carl for so long. I am so happy I never settled for less.

Carl & I had an appointment at the doctor's for the second ultrasound on my birthday. The baby is doing great. And we know now that we are having a girl. Yes, we are having a girl. That was the baby's present to me, to show us what sex the baby has. We are very happy, and my family are already buying lots of cute pink adorable outfits for our girl. Especially my mom is so excited. Our girl is gonna be showered with love and attention when she is finally here. A boy though, would have been just as welcome of course and loved just as much.

On Thursday Carl & I went on a date. Dinner and a movie. I fell a sleep in the second half of the movie. But it was really good and we had a great evening. I just am really tired with this pregnancy.

On Saturday family came over and we made belgian pancakes and a delicious cake and hot chocolat. Next Saturday we're going out to eat again for my birthday.

It's just great not to have a birthDAY but to have birthdayWEEKS. Life is just so good. Carl & I have our first wedding anniversary coming up next week. We're gonna celebrate that day in an amusementpark in our village (Bobbejaanland). There will be concerts in the park that day, and we are so looking forward to it. It's just going to be me & Carl together that day. Enjoying ourselves. Being out the house. Although I'm probably not going in too many rides. Being pregnant and all, adrenaline is not so good to have rush through your body. It's better to be safe then sorry. But we'll have plenty of other stuff to do at the park. Like relaxing, eating out, listening to the music, enjoying the Halloween theme in the park... It will be a very special day.

We have a very fullfilled life here in Belgium. Although our plan was to move to the States, or to be already there. We now know God had and has a different plan with us. So we started looking at the bright side of living here in Belgium instead of being disappointed we're not able to move to the States. Belgium is a great country to live in. We are safe and secure here. Have lots of family and friends that support us and are there for us whenever we need them. Health insurance is the best here. And there are so many benifits from the government for me being pregnant and for the baby when it's here. Carl found a great job here and has the chance to work in a field he loves. We have a very nice life here. It's all blessings to live here.

We just bought our first car. After a year of no car, it was time to do something about that. Well, with us having a baby next year we actually didn't have a choice. We need a car, really need one. We wouldn't be able to go to church anymore without a car. We were picked up by people every Sunday for that year, but there wouldn't be room for a baby in that car. Also, Carl needs to get home from work faster, Biking takes him an hour. I have a feeling that he'll need to get home fast, as soon as my labor starts next February.

Anyways, we bought a Dacia Logan MCV. It's a great car, lots of space for our growing family and the dogs. We love our car. After a year of having no car, it's so so good to finally have that freedom again.
So now we can actually go places and go on dates more. We've been cooked up in the house for long enough.

As for now I have to rest lots, doctor's orders. So I'm taking it easy and Carl is just great. He takes such good care of me.

our first new car!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I'm not very good about checking blogs. bah! But we are so excited to see you two here pretty soon! Hooray for baby girls and hooray for blessings beyond measure!
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete