It has been such a hard week for me. I don't have morning sickness at all. I have 24h sickness. I am nauseous 24 hours a day. Apart from that I am extremely tired.
The midwife said I have to always make sure there is something in my stomach. So I got myself lots of crackers. I feel especially bad in the mornings because I go the whole night without food. I force myself to eat a cracker before I get up (I'm so sick of crackers already) but overcoming the night without food takes a lot of hours. By lunchtime I start feeling a little better.
Right now I just want to get these 40 weeks over with. But then again, things won't get easier will they? I can't imagine to ever feel better again. It feels like this is lasting forever. I feel I have to sacrifice so much for this baby. My life is put on hold with this 24h sickness. I so hope the second trimester will be completely different. Can't wait to feel good again.
Heidi
Oh man! I'm sorry you're so sick! I hope you are feeling better soon! I know this is unsolicited advice but the thing that helped me the most is eating more protein than normal. Weird, I know, but it seemed to help me keep my blood sugars more leveled out.
ReplyDeleteBut it seems like every woman is different and we just have to find what works for us--goodluck! Hopefully this "eternity" passes quickly! :)
I'm sorry you feel so sick! I had 24 hour sickness my whole pregnancy so I know how you feel. Just try and keep yourself hydrated. I have some friends who would actually set an alarm clock and get up and eat something in the middle of the night so they didn't feel so bad in the morning. It does get better though. Freddie and I are so excited for you!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, 24 hour sickness the whole pregnancy!!! Some people say that every pregnancy is different, and I so hope so. Any advice is very welcome. I wonder if all the women that are married to a Jones have 24h sickness?
ReplyDeleteKathy Jones told me that she was only sick with Katrina and she thinks it was because Wendell was away at basic. So I don't know. But I can tell you it definitely wasn't sympathy sickness. I hope you start feeling better soon. My midwife did have me take a half a unisom every night with B6 vitamin and that helped alot. It got me through my pregnancy.
ReplyDelete